This blog post is for my own motivation, really, because it’s tragically cold outside and I need something to spur me to the gym before I hunt down an elusive BBQ truck for a column I am writing about elusive BBQ trucks.
So yeah, it’s cold and it’s Saturday and I’d rather be doing anything but heading to the gym. Then I remind myself of all the tangible benefits I have enjoyed from improved fitness:
- I can dead-lift a 55-pound dog who is too lazy to jump into the hatchback of my hyrbid.
- Thanks to all those tricep kickbacks, my arms don’t get tired when I spend 30 minutes blow-drying my curly mane all straight and sleek.
- I can walk much faster now, which is very helpful when it’s so freaking cold outside that my nose hairs freeze with every inhale.
- If I burn some calories and build some muscle at the gym, I can taste the wares of elusive BBQ trucks without worrying that my jeans won’t fit later.
- My husband is taking me to a salsa dance party tonight and, after all those Zumba classes, I can bust moves. Salsa is more than a tasty dip for tortilla chips. (I know, right?)